Last Updated September 1, 2020
Thank you for using NuCalm.com, a service of Solace Lifesciences, Inc.
Solace Lifesciences, Inc. is a neuroscience company developing comprehensive, all-natural, easy to use, predictable, and reliable technologies to quickly resolve stress and restore the mind and body. Our mission is to help people lower stress, improve performance and recover faster without drugs.
What Information We Collect
The information we collect from you depends on how you use the Services and what information you choose to provide or make available to us. We collect information from you when you:
- Create or register an account, and when you administer your account
- Input information or data into any of our Services, or post or upload Content to our Services
- Submit questions, requests, other communications to us via forms, email, or other communication media
- Contact us for customer support or technical support
- Visit any of our websites or download any of our apps
- Participate in any promotions, demonstrations, contests, surveys, or other marketing events
- Interact with other Solace Lifesciences, Inc. users and guests on our community forums
- Integrate third-party products and services with your Solace Lifesciences, Inc. account
Information related to the creation of accounts or that otherwise identifies you as a customer or end-user of Solace Lifesciences, Inc. is what we call “Customer Information.” Customer Information may include certain “personally identifiable information” or “PII,” such as your name, email address, postal address and phone number. It also may include payment information, such as payment method, credit card information, and any contact information (such as name and postal address) associated with payment billing information.
When you create an account with Solace Lifesciences, Inc., we may collect certain Customer Information directly from you or, if you create your account using a third-party service (such as Google, Facebook or Apple), we may collect Customer Information about you from the third-party service (such as your username or user ID associated with that third-party service). By choosing to create an account using a third-party service, you authorize us to collect Customer Information necessary to authenticate your account with the third-party service provider.
Information Collected Automatically Through Your Use of the Services
We collect information about how you use the Services and your actions on the Services, including IP addresses, what software and hardware you use (such as browser types, operating systems, ISPs, platform type, device type, mobile device identifiers such as make and model, mobile carrier), pages or features of Solace Lifesciences, Inc. mobile app and website used and associated dates and time stamps, search terms, links you click, whether you open messages sent to your account, and other statistics related to your usage of the Services. We may also use tools, including third-party tools, to collect analytics data. Some of this information is collected through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies, such as web beacons and similar technologies (“tracking technologies”). We may also work with third-party partners to employ tracking technologies. We may also analyze metadata related to your use of the services (such as total number of sessions, etc.)
Aggregated and Anonymized Information
We may collect information by aggregating and anonymizing other information. The aggregation and anonymization process prevents the information from being reassociated or identified with any one customer account, user, or individual. We may use aggregated and anonymized information for a wide variety of statistical, analytical and marketing purposes such as publishing a report that reflects aggregated statistics regarding NuCalm use.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect for a variety of purposes which may include:
- Providing the Services to you;
- Responding to requests or inquiries from you;
- Providing customer support or technical assistance;
- Contacting you to provide product updates and information about the products you have requested or purchased;
- Marketing our products, services and features that you may be interested in, and monitoring the performance of our advertisements and marketing efforts;
- Creating or administering your account, including identifying you with your account or the account of a Solace Lifesciences, Inc. customer;
- Billing you;
- Deriving market insights, ways to improve the Services, and other business analysis or research purposes;
- Customizing existing and future product offerings and other aspects of the Services to you and other users;
- Securing the Services and our systems, and protecting your information and data;
Sharing with third parties; and
- Any legitimate business purpose.
Personally Identifiable Information
Specifically, we may use personally identifiable information (including those contained within the Customer Information or otherwise collected by us) for the above purposes, but only to the extent necessary for the purposes for which you have provided us with the information, to respond to inquiries or requests (including requests for customer support or technical assistance), to otherwise perform our obligations or act consistently with our Terms of Service, to respond to law enforcement or other governmental or legal authorities, and to otherwise use the information consistent with your instructions to us (both explicit, such as when you contact us directly with a request, and implied, such as when you engage us to provide you with the Services).
How We Share Information
We may disclose the information we collect in the following cases:
- You asked us to, or otherwise gave your specific consent;
- With vendors we engage to provide you with aspects of the Services, such as data storage, hosting, and payment processing;
- With third-party service providers who enable certain features or functionalities of the Services that you’ve requested;
- With vendors we engage to help us gain insights and analytics into how the Services are used and how they might be improved (for example, we may use third-party data enrichment services to match Customer Information or other personally identifiable information we collect with publicly available database information in order to communicate more effectively with you);
- As necessary to comply with applicable law, including governmental requests, law enforcement requests, and otherwise to protect the rights, privacy, safety, or property of you, us, or others;
- As necessary in the event of a proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, financing, or other disposition of all or any portion of Solace Lifesciences, Inc. business, assets, or equity; and
- With others for any legitimate business purpose.
How We Secure Your Information
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the information we collect and store. Note that no security measures are 100% foolproof, and as no network or system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure against destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to information we collect and store. If you believe your information may not be secure for any reason, please contact us immediately.
Managing Your Information
You have choices to access information we collect about you and about how we use or disclose that information. This section details those choices, including how you can exercise rights with respect to your information (including personally identifiable information), how you can opt out of collection and use of certain types of information for certain purposes (such as marketing), and how you can use your browser or third-party tools to disable certain collection methods (such as cookies or tracking technologies).
You may access, correct, amend, or delete Customer Information we have about you by logging into your account and using the applicable site features. If you wish to cancel your account and delete all of your Customer Information, please contact support. We will then delete your Customer Information within 30 days.
Our general data retention policy is to keep all of your Customer Information that you do not delete for as long as you maintain your account with us, and we will delete your Customer Information within 30 days after you close your account.
We may use some of the information we collect for marketing purposes, including to send you promotional communications about new Solace Lifesciences, Inc. features, products, events, or other opportunities. If you want to stop receiving these communications or to opt out of our using your information for these purposes, follow the opt-out instructions by clicking “Unsubscribe” (or similar opt-out language) in those communications. You can also contact customer support to opt-out.
Cookies, Tracking Technologies and Do Not Track – How to Opt Out
If you prefer not to accept cookies or otherwise wish to disable our use of tracking technologies, most browsers and mobile devices allow you to change your settings so as to notify you when you receive cookies or other tracking technologies are being used, and to choose whether or not to accept/allow it. Most browsers also allow you to disable or delete existing cookies or to automatically reject future cookies.
Disabling cookies may limit your ability to use the Services.
Certain tracking technologies we use are related to advertising networks, and through those technologies we may share certain information such as IP addresses. No directly identifying personal information is shared with these advertising networks, but please note that the information we share with those advertising networks might be combined with other information about you that those networks may have collected from other sources. To learn more about advertising networks and how to opt out of sharing information with them, please click here. If you’re in the EU, you can find additional information about your choices with respect to advertising networks and online behavioral advertising by clicking here.
Solace Lifesciences, Inc. does not support Do Not Track. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, click here.
International Transfers (including Transfers Outside of the European Union)
We process and store information on servers located in the United States, and we may store information on servers and equipment in other countries depending on a variety of factors, including the locations of our users and service providers. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer of information (including Customer Information and personally identifiable information) to locations that may be outside of your country of residence, including to the United States. You acknowledge and agree that, as a condition of using the Services, you can legally transfer it to the United States and any other country. With respect to transfers of information out of the European Union (EU), we may process some personally identifiable information pursuant to data processing agreements that include the EU Standard Contractual Clauses.
Information from Children
Solace Lifesciences, Inc. is not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personally identifiable information of a child under the age 13, we will take reasonable steps to delete such information from our files as soon as is practicable. Please contact customer support if you believe we have any information from or about a child under the age of 13.
California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosures
The California Consumer Privacy Act, or CCPA, requires businesses subject to this law to provide consumers residing in California with certain rights regarding their personal information. If you are a California resident, please follow the link at the bottom at the site to exercise your rights under the law.